"The Spirit of St Louis has been on our design list for many years. It seemed impossible until I figured out how to create the wing and wheel struts work together to create a really strong frame. Another bonus that made this work was when I discovered the "gold" color of the engine cowling characteristic to the airplane we know of now is a result of yellowed preservation methods by the Smithsonian Musuem; so was not even there when Charles Lindbergh flew this plane. The rear half of the airplane uses paneling to show off the boxy shape of the Ryan NYP's contribution to the final custom design." - Lead Designer Chris White
- Strong, durable strut frame deftly handles take-offs and landings.
- Careful mix of brick structure, paneling and Technic® make this a challenging and interesting build.
- Spinning propeller is mounted to a stunning radial engine.
- Has a wingspan of over 12 inches!
- Includes 258 LEGO® pieces and a gorgeous landscape-format glossy instruction booklet, all packaged in a deluxe custom-designed printed box.